Junior Baking ContestContest rules and regulations
ICED OATMEAL APPLESAUCE COOKIES
Open to children 8 to 16 years of age as of June 1, 2018. One entry per exhibitor.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1 ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
3 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Put butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
3. Add egg and applesauce, mixing until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in raisins.
5. Using a 1 ½” ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2” apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack set over parchment paper; let cool completely.
6. Whisk confectioners’ sugar, syrup and 3 tablespoons water until smooth. Drizzle over cookies, let set.
Enter five (5) of your best cookies for judging on a disposable plate, enjoy the rest.
|Overall Appearance||25 points|
|Following Directions||10 points|