Homemade Chocolate CakeContest rules and regulations
1. Open to any individual amateur baker who is a Carbon County or West Penn Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania resident. One entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Homemade Chocolate Cake contest at any other fair in 2023.
3. Entry must be a layered chocolate cake made from “scratch”. Pre-made mixes are not acceptable ingredients. All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
4. Entry must be frosted and frosting must be made from “scratch”.
5. Cake recipe must feature chocolate or cocoa as a main ingredient.
6. The entire cake entry must be submitted for judging on cardboard or a food safe disposable plate. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not be returned.)
7. Recipes must be submitted with the entry, printed on one side of 8-1/2” x 11” paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. Entrant’s name, address, and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages. (All recipes and cakes will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
8. Refrigeration is not available at the fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
- First Place Winner is eligible for the 2024 PA Farm Show competition.
- Premiums for the 2024 PA FARM SHOW competition will be as followed: $500, $250, $100
|Flavor (aroma, taste, good balance of flavorings)||30 points|
|Texture (moist and tender crumb; not soggy or dry)||25 points|
|Inside Characteristics (even grain, evenly baked; free from air pockets)||20 points|
|Outside Characteristics (consistent shape/size/surface; overall appeal)||15 points|
|Frosting (taste, texture, even color)||10 points|