Apple Pie ContestContest rules and regulations
34th BLUE RIBBON APPLE PIE CONTEST
1. Open to any individual amateur baker who is a Pennsylvania resident of Carbon County or West Penn Township, Schuylkill County; only one entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Blue Ribbon Apple Pie contest at any other fair in 2021.
3. Entry to be a pie that must include at least 60% apples in the filling. It does not need to be a “traditional” two crusted apple pie and it can have a variety of fillings. All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
4. The entire pie must be submitted for judging in a food safe disposable pie pan. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered disposable and will not be returned.)
5. The recipe for the pie and pie crust must be submitted with the entry. It should be submitted on one side of 8 ½” by 11” paper. The recipe must list all the ingredients, quantities and the preparation instructions. Entrant’s name, address, and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages. (All recipes and pies will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
6. Refrigeration is not available at the Carbon County Fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
- Creativity is essential to a varied competition. Do not limit yourself to a “traditional” two-crusted apple pie.
- We are looking for a variety of fillings in the pies; the pie must include at least 60% apples in the filling.
- The recipe for the pie and pie crust will also need to be submitted when entering at the PA Farm Show.
- Each fair must sign a Certification Form verifying the winning apple pie baker, and this person will be eligible to enter the state competition at the 2021 Farm Show.
- If an individual has already won 1st place at another fair in 2021 for this Blue Ribbon Apple Pie contest, that individual is now considered qualified through that Fair to compete at the 2022 PA Farm Show and is no longer eligible to enter this contest at any upcoming Fairs.
- Premiums for the 2021 PA FARM SHOW competition will be as followed: $500, $250, $100
- At the PA FARM SHOW level, this contest is jointly sponsored by: The Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs
|Filling: Consistency, Doneness, Moistness and Flavor||25 points|
|Crust: Color, flavor, texture, doneness||20 points|
|Overall Appearance||15 points|