Angel Food Cake ContestContest rules and regulations
1. Open to any individual amateur baker who is a resident of Carbon County or West Penn Township, Schuylkill County in Pennsylvania.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this Angel Food Cake contest at any other fair in 2022.
3. Entry must be an Angel Food Cake made from “scratch”. All ingredients and decorations must be edible.
4. Pennsylvania produced & packed eggs are requested to be used if at all possible. Please look for the PEQAP or PA Preferred logo or PA packaging dates on the carton.
5. Refrigeration is NOT available at the Fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
6. The entire Cake entry must be submitted for judging on cardboard or other food safe disposable setting. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered to be disposable and will not be returned.)
7. Recipe(s) listing the ingredients and the preparation instructions must be submitted with the entry (printed on one-side of 8-1/2” x 11” size paper). Entrant’s name, address, & phone # must be printed on the back of all pages. (All recipes and cakes will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned.)
- First Place Winner is eligible for the 2022 PA Farm Show competition.
- Prizes for the PA State Angel Food Cake Winners: $500, $250, $100
|Flavor (smell, taste, flavoring)||30 points|
|Inside Characteristics (texture & lightness)||25 points|
|Overall Appearance (surface, size, color)||20 points|
|Topping, Icing or Decoration||10 points|