PA PREFERRED, Cookies, Brownies, and BarsContest rules and regulations
PA PREFERRED™ Junior Baking Contest COOKIES, BROWNIES and BARS
The goal of the PA Preferred™ Baking Contest is to encourage young people across the Commonwealth to participate in Pennsylvania’s agricultural fairs by showcasing Pennsylvania grown and produced products in their contest entries.
1. Participant must be an individual amateur baker (age 8 through 18) who is a Pennsylvania resident. One entry per person.
2. Entrants may NOT have won 1st place in this PA Preferred™ Junior Baking Contest at any other fair in 2018.
3. Entry must be a plate of six (6) individual sized portions of the baked entry item.
4. Entries must be made from scratch. Premade mixes are not acceptable ingredients.
5. At least two (2) PA Preferred™ ingredients must be used in the recipe. Some examples of qualifying ingredients are PA Preferred™ grains such as oats or flour, butter, milk, eggs, fruits and/or vegetables.
6. Entry must be submitted for judging on a food safe disposable setting. (All pans, plates and dishes are considered disposable and will not be returned.)
7. Recipe(s) must be submitted with the entry, printed on one side of 8-1/2” x 11” paper. Recipe must list all ingredients, quantities, and the preparation instructions. The PA Preferred™ ingredients must be listed clearly in the ingredient list, specifying the ingredients and the company that made/grew them (ex. PA Preferred Milk – Galliker’s brand). Entrant’s name, age, address and phone number must be printed on the back side of all the pages. PA Preferred™ product labels should be attached to separate paper with your name on the back side. (All recipes and cookies-browniesbars will become the property of the Fair or PA Farm Show and will not be returned).
8. A PA Preferred™ logo is not required because not all PA Preferred™ products carry the label. The name of the ingredient and the source is sufficient. For list of acceptable products visit papreferred.com. Additionally, PA Preferred™ staff will assist in locating PA Preferred™ ingredients, as needed.
9. Refrigeration is not available at the fair or PA Farm Show. Entries that require refrigeration after baking must indicate so in the recipe. Those entries will not be sold, auctioned or otherwise distributed for consumption after judging for food safety reasons.
- First Place Winner is eligible for the 2019 PA Farm Show competition.
- Premiums for the 2019 PA FARM SHOW competition will be as followed: $500, $250, $100 (4th and 5th place will receiveRosette Ribbons)
|Flavor (aroma, taste, good balance of flavorings)||30 points|
|Texture (appropriate for the type of cookie, brownie or bar)||25 points|
|Inside Characteristics (even grain, evenly baked; free from air pockets)||20 points|
|Outside Characteristics (uniform size, shape, appearance; overall appeal)||15 points|